The main purpose of this exercise is consistent applying three bouncings the ball in such a way that third bouncing has to be putting the ball to opposite side.
This is a play three-to-three or four-to-four, depending on age of players. The exercise starts when player from team A serve the ball towards team B. Before team B put the ball to opposite side they have to bounce it three times (receiving, setting, spike). If team B do three bouncings and the ball end up opposite side they will receive 3 points (to pool). The play go on till the ball fall to the ground. Every action which contains three bouncings used by team A or team B is rewarded with 3 points. Additionally, the team who win the action receive 1 extra point. For example, if team A score 3 points for well-done action while team B make a mistake, team A receive 4 points (3 points for correct action and 1 point for winning). If team B do three correct bouncings they will keep 3 points and then the score should be 4:3 for team A.
After every finished action the team which serves the ball changes, no matters which team won previous action. Also players change their positions.
To make the play easier for younger or less skills players, need to:
- (if the coach serves) serve the ball lighter or throw it to opposite side instead of serve,
- introduce the rule, in which three bouncings are done in particular way, for example forearms or overhead bouncing,
- grant points for any 3 bouncings, if the ball end up opposite side,
- grant 1 extra point for every attempt to put the ball to opposite side by spiker, even if player made a mistake,
- play five-to-five.
To make the play more demanding for older or higher skills players, need to:
- grant 3 points only if the ball stay in the game or if putting the ball to opposite side was made in the form of hit (jump and strike the ball with an overhand),
- put the ball of another color or mark into the game, as a ‘bonus’ and then points are counted doubly,
- introduce the rule, in which winning team stay at the ground and defeated team is relived by another one. The team which stay at the ground make a rotation,
- play two-to-two.
source: Akademia Polskiej Siatkowki