Facebook is not only a website to maintain interpersonal contacts or play in a games. Nowadays, it is an unlimited weapon for coming up to sports clubs aims like realizing some numerous marketing programs prepared to gain new fans and their love and money. Which volleyball team do it best having biggest fanbase on Facebook?
When the American quartet of Harvard University, Mark Zuckerberg, Chris Hughes, Dustin Moskovitz, and Eduardo Saverin, launched a project “Facebook”, they arguably did not even dream to be authors of the most popular community portal in the world.
Since 2004, not only has Facebook become a way of cultivating contacts, but this website has also become a “reflection” of society preferences. A number of “Like it” turned out to be a measurement of people’s or organization’s popularity and Facebook has gained a title of great and irreplaceable place for free promotion. Thus, sports clubs started up a struggle to reach plenty of fans all around the world. Volleyball teams did it too and what are results of the fight?
The following ranking involves 20 top volleyball teams with the highest number of clicks “Like it’’ on Facebook, including all teams in the world. The most popular club in the Internet is PGE Skra Belchatow of Poland, which overtake another Polish club Asseco Resovia Rzeszow with more than 40.000 votes advantage. This competition podium was completed by Brazil’s Sada Cruzeiro Vôlei. What is interesting, the richest leagues in the world, Superliga (Russia) and Türkiye 1. Voleybol Ligi (Turkey), have only one representative in the entire rate, since Zenit Kazan (19th) only picked up a sufficiency of “Likes” to be included into the ranking while the Turkish teams cannot count on a spot in the top 20.
The Most Popular Volleyball Clubs according to Facebook users:
- PGE Skra Belchatów (Poland) – 85.119
- Asseco Resovia Rzeszów (Poland) – 41.634
- Sada Cruzeiro Vôlei (Brazil) – 29.522
- RJX Rio De Janeiro (Brazil) – 26.000
- Volei Futuro (Brazil) [No longer exists] – 23.330
- ZAKSA Kedzierzyn-Koźle (Poland) – 18.460
- Trentino Volley Spa (Italy) – 15.032
- Lube Banca Macerata (Italy) – 14.390
- Jastrzębski Węgiel (Poland) – 13.536
- Sesi Sao Paulo (Brazil) – 9.970
- AZS Politechnika Warszawska (Poland) – 8.820
- Drean Bolivar (Argentina) – 7.086
- Berlin Recycling Volleys (Germany) – 5.565
- VfB Friedrichshafen (Germany) – 5.277
- Paris Volley (France) – 5.205
- Bra Banca Lanutti Cuneo (Italy) – 4.345
- Suntory Sunbirds (Japan) – 3.767
- Indykpol AZS Olsztyn (Poland) – 3.724
- Zenit Kazan (Russia) – 3.413
- Samsung Bluefangs (South Korea) – 3.107
* All data taken 27th July, 2013.
If you desire more volleyball curiosities click HERE and click “Like it”. We will certainly meet your need.