We’ve played point by point, one our mistake made us lost – Rogério Nogueira said after lost with Jastrzębski Węgiel. Young Brazilian added that the purpose of his team is very ambitous – a triumph in the Champions League and PlusLiga.
What’s happened to you? There wasn’t someone who would give you the impulse to fight, even at the ends of the first two sets.
Rogério Nogueira: – That’s right. That is volleyball, you can’t always win everything. We have tried to, but it didn’t work out. Jastrzębski Węgiel is a good team with great players. And we, if we won’t play for 100%, won’t win. This has happened in that game. We’ve played point by point, one mistake too much made us lost.
So didn’t you play in this game for 100%? Why?
– No, no. We’ve tried to, but it isn’t easy – not everything depends on us. We’ve trained a lot, traveled a lot last time… We have tried to give everything on the court, but it was difficult. Well, it happens. As I said, it’s impossible to win everything. Fortunately, we play to three victories, so we have our chances and we try to improve our game in the next game.
Maybe it was harder for you to focus on the game, because you were already thinking about the Final Four in Omsk?
– No, no, the time to think about the Champions League will come next week. Now we focused on PlusLiga. We wanted to beat Jastrzębski Węgiel, to make a small step toward advancement to the finals and about that we were thinking.
You’re flying out to Omsk on Monday for better acclimatization?
– I’m not sure, it seems to me that we’re out on Sunday or Monday. It’ll be a very hard, long journey. We need to adapt quickly to the hard conditions, to Russia, that’s why we’re going there for a week before finals.
In semis you’ll play with Bre Banca Cuneo, how would you assess this team?
– I haven’t already thought about that. So far, in my mind, was only the first semi-final match against Jastrzębski Węgiel. It was the same in the quarter-finals, when we played against AZS Politechnika Warszawska. Our goal was matches only with this rival. Now we’ve played with Jastrzębski Węgiel, so focused only on that game, not on Cuneo. About the match with Bre Banca we’ll be thinking now.
But your goal hasn’t changed – you still want to win Champions League?
– Yes, of course! We want to win the Champions League and PlusLiga. But we need to think about each following match. We play in two tough, hard competitions and we have to focus on each game separately. Now we wanted to win against Jastrzębski Węgiel, we didn’t make it, but I hope that against Bre Banca Cuneo will be different.
photo: Sabina Bąk